About Sirab Technologies
At Sirab, we develop ‘SAE Level 4’ compliant solutions for automated vehicles, especially for buses & trucks, to solve challenges in transportation space.
With 2 US patents pending, Sirab team comes with deep understanding of Safety-Critical and Security-Critical Operating Systems for Defense and Avionics and are leveraging this expertise into developing and deploying automated solutions in surface (road) transportation systems.
Sirab comes with hands-on expertise in technology development and technology management, where we are targeting transportation automation in a structured approach and engaging with public institutions, government from the early stage.
Some of early success in our efforts include
- Working with Department of Electrical Engineering at IIT Madras in India to co-develop, prototype and validate technology solution.
- The unique approach has been validated by experts in the field that include
Partners for Advanced Transportation Technology (California PATH), University of California, Berkeley
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Advanced Highway Maintenance & Construction Technology Research Center (AHMCT), University of California Davis
- Leading member of iMoveCRC program, Australia – for R&D of innovative transport solutions and technologies for Australia.
- US Patent – Application No: 15/197750 : VEHICLE PLATOONING AND LANE KEEPING ON AN AUTOMATED HIGHWAY SYSTEM.
Surya Satyavolu – Founder & President
- Surya has been an embedded systems and software engineer for 17 years with Wind River Systems, Siemens, Tellabs, and National Semiconductor.
- Deep expertise on Safety-Critical and Security-Critical Operating Systems for Avionics, Defense (guided missiles), Wireless Communications. Avionics, aerospace, defense are some of the key that are highly matured and develop and have deployed automated systems.
- MSEE in DSP and Communications, Clemson University; B.Tech in EEE, IIT Madras
Parimal Kopardekar – Director
- PK serves as manager of the NASA’s Safe Autonomous System Operations Project. He is closely in developing autonomy related concepts, technologies and architectures that will increase efficiency, safety, and capacity of operations.
- PK holds PhD in Industrial Engineering from University of Cincinnati, M.S from State University of New York at Buffalo and B.E from VJTI, Mumbai.